We visited http://www.reviews.com/dog-food/ and discovered that they conducted extensive research on dog food ingredients, in order to help pet parents choose the healthiest commercial foods for their furry kiddos. We think that's awesome!
According to the experts at Review.com, here is a list of beneficial ingredients/elements that should be present in your pet's food.
But remember that each pet's dietary needs will vary based on their age, health and other factors. So a visit to your veterinarian with help your make a well informed decision.
1. Whole Proteins: Fish, chicken, beef, duck, liver and eggs
2. Whole Grains: Oats and Quinoa
3. Bonus Healthy Nutrients: Omega-3 fatty acids, Glucosamine, and Chondroitin
4. Meaningful Labels: Certified Organic
5. Natural Preservatives: Vitamins C and E
6. Good Fruits And Vegetables: Sweet potatoes, peas and carrots